Templates and guidelines
Authors must prepare their papers using our Microsoft Word or LaTeX2e templates, and then convert these to PDF format for submission:
Please download the Word/LaTeX templates for extensive guidelines on formatting your paper. As a summary, please ensure the following:
- Paper size is 170 x 250 mm.
- Margins are 2.4cm (top), 2.0cm (left and right) and 1.6cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
- The quality of your PDF document has to be checked with the PDF Analyser web application. Please perform this checking by accessing the site http://pdf-analyser.edpsciences.org and eventually make the necessary changes.
The copyright is retained by the author(s) under the Creative Commons Attribution license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Authors grant EDP Sciences a license to publish their article and identify EDP Sciences as the original publisher. They also grant any third party the right to use, distribute and reproduce the article in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.